Tips On How To prepare Yourself Properly Before PCR Test?
A polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test is performed to detect genetic material from a specific organism, such as a virus. A PCR test for COVID-19 is a test used to diagnose people who are currently infected with SARS-CoV-2, which is the coronavirus that causes COVID-19. The PCR test is the “gold standard” test for diagnosing COVID-19 because it’s the most accurate and reliable test.
According to the Government of Ontario, the nasopharyngeal swab is the optimal sample collection method for COVID-19 testing.
Before doing the test, you should pay attention to the following steps.
- Blow your nose and clean your nasal cavity. This step reduces the probability of the sample being contaminated.
- If you have had recent nasal/oral/pharyngeal surgery, have an open wound in the nasopharyngeal area, are on anticoagulant medication or have a history of blood clotting-like disorders, and any complications that might during past nasopharyngeal swab collections, please inform the collection staff before collecting the nasopharyngeal swab.
- Keep some tissues in hand. A sore and itchy nose may occur during the process, and if you sneeze, you can immediately cover it with a tissue or your elbow.
- You should not smoke, drink alcohol or chew gum before sampling.
- You need to wear the mask correctly, pull down the mask before the test to expose the nose, and wear it immediately after the test. A spare mask can be prepared to facilitate timely replacement.
- Before and after PCR test, you need to pay attention to hand hygiene.
If you need to test before travelling outside Canada, JC health is pleased to offer fast, reliable COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) PCR Test at our clinic location in Toronto, Ottawa, Vancouver.
Book a COVID-19 pre-travel testing with us today and feel free to contact our customer services agent at (613)-601-1136 for more information!