Frequently Asked Questions
How do I access my report?
- You will be notified by text message and/or email when your result is uploaded to our system. Your testing report will be encrypted and can only be accessed with your personal information. A passcode is required to open the encrypted report, and the passcode is in the format of your last name [all lowercase letters]+DOB [yyyymmdd] e.g. smith20210101.
- We recommend you to use Windows system to access the result, as you may experience technical issues when opening your report through IOS or Android system.
- If you encounter any problem accessing the result, please contact our customer service at 613 601 1136.
What if there is an error on the lab report?
- We have been doing our best to identify any error before your report is uploaded to our system, however, if you noted an error on your report, please contact our customer service at 613 601 1136 at your earliest convenience. Our customer service agent will collect your information regarding to the error and will reach out to our collaborating laboratory to address the issue. A new report will be issued by our collaborating laboratory with mended information, and your report will be re-uploaded to our system immediately for your access. Please note that this process may take hours depends on the time of the day when we are notified.
What happens if I tested positive?
As per the latest provincial COVID-19 regulations and guidelines, JC Health and our collaborating partners are obligated to report all positive cases to Public Health. If an individual does test positive for the presence of SARS-CoV-2, that individual should follow the local public health requirement for self-isolation, regardless of if they are symptomatic or asymptomatic. Our health care provider will also call you at the number provided in 24 hours upon receiving your report to check up with you and answer any questions you may have.
Do you provide reimbursements for late or missing reports?
- JC Health aims to provide a turnaround time of 36 hours for the COVID PCR and serology tests to our customers but please note that this is not a guarantee.
- PCR and serology tests are complex laboratory processes where there are many factors that are beyond our control.
- JC Health is not responsible for the consequences, such as a missed flight, of a late-arriving/missing report due to prolonged laboratory turnaround times, or other unforeseen factors (e.g. contaminated samples, traffic accidents, natural disasters ). We will not issue refund under circumstances mentioned above.
- In the event that your report does not come out on time, please contact our customer service to follow up with your report. JC Health will work to obtain your report as soon as possible.
If I’m symptomatic can I come in for a test?
- Unfortunately, JC health only performs COVID-19 testing to asymptomatic clients. If you have any COVID-19 related symptoms or has been in close contact with anyone who was recently tested positive for COVID-19, please do not come to our testing centre. You must visit a Government testing centre instead or follow the local public health regulations and initiate self-isolation protocol. You can find more info here.
What is the refund policy?
JC Health will charge a cancellation fee for cancellation of previously booked COVID-19 testing appointments. The schedule of fees is as follows:
$30 if the cancellation request is made 72 hours before the appointment time
$60 if the cancellation request is made between 24-72 hours before the appointment time.
If cancellation request is made within 24 hours before the appointment, no refunds will normally be issued. If you have exceptional circumstances, you may dial our customer service number 613-601-1136. Your cancellation and refund requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Once we receive your cancellation request, all refunds will be processed through your original payment method within 14 business days.
If I have more questions, how can I contact you?
The easiest way to reach out to us for general questions is to call JC Health customer service hotline at 613 601 1136, our customer service agent is on 09:00 – 22:00 on Weekdays and 10:00 – 18:00 on weekends. Please understand that we are currently receiving high volume of incoming calls, please do not leave voicemail. Our agents are doing the best returning all missed calls, however, if you are not receiving a reply in 2 hours, please call our hotline again.
Have More Questions?
We are more than happy to help!
You can leave your question on our contact page. Or contact tel: 6136011136